Today was a real spring day! There, in our home country was like heaven: not sure if we had to replace the garden, we could sit back and relax divinely, as someone wished me in my previous post, but ...
... my husband was not of this advertisement and to be honest, either.
Our garden needs to be tidied, and indeed we are back! with the cold that has continued for too long we could not go: the house has no heating! and then the rain came in abundance 's grass has grown enormously and many things have to be trimmed.
It 's always more difficult to maintain the garden, we can not go there every day and therefore, the work builds up and is worse for us.
I look around: the I love this garden, is the most beautiful things my father could leave a reminder of her energy and creativity.
when I think of in its place was only a bluff and even seems impossible that he could build it!
I remember when he made this fountain with all the stones made it very special, a pine tree that grew above has crumbled in some places and should be restored.
I remember when I did these steps:
and these ........
41 years have passed and I can still see him at work: making and take concrete measures to put a plumb line to go right, and load the material: all by myself! .... and my father was a clerk! but in the last years of his life was no longer employed by hands but a mason: broken and deformed.
And I remember when he built this wall
..... and that stone shaft: "This is to lean on when you go!" Mom said, showing it to me .. and remember the smile with which we showed it!
remember when came home saying that he possessed an almond tree: just had built a pot with stones around an almond tree .... now there is just trunks of dry almond ... a lightning burned it, but we remove it completely so sorry , is still there, behind the table of granite in his "pot" as he wanted!
And the coffee table granite father has never seen the place: the Scarpellino that had created them, it was to mount when dad was gone ........
Meanwhile, Xavier continues to remove grass ...
first continue my journey to reach into their memories ...
A rose, the first of the season, look at me go ....
...... and periwinkles peep dall'aiuola of succulents ....
The Kumquat, Mandarin Chinese: I remember when my father bought this plant .... he has his years, but continues to give us his delicious berries all year : loved so much to my mom! Arriving just going to grasp for a assaporarselo.
first continue my journey to reach into their memories ...
A rose, the first of the season, look at me go ....
...... and periwinkles peep dall'aiuola of succulents ....
The Kumquat, Mandarin Chinese: I remember when my father bought this plant .... he has his years, but continues to give us his delicious berries all year : loved so much to my mom! Arriving just going to grasp for a assaporarselo.
I remember when mom put a seed grapefruit in a jar: a plan was born! when it reached half a meter on the ground and put her father is now a tree and gave and gave her beautiful golden grapefruit! now it looks bare, but they grow back the young leaves and before the summer will again have its beautiful dark green foliage
..... and I still remember: Mom put the date in stone land, near the grapefruit .... and the palm was born ..... we should not let it grow again, will bother to plants that are around, but I can not think to take it out ........
I think maybe it is just life's memories: but it is also true that, as I feel my parents are still alive ... it's like not wanting to let them go!
Perhaps it is not fair ...... I still walk around the garden and wherever I see something I talk about them and I also speak of my youth, and my children ... as they were happy when they could be in this garden .... and then I feel a sense of infinite sadness! often, in recent years, we have considered the possibility of selling this property ....... I know that it would suffer immensely, but it is also true that over time will make it increasingly difficult to maintain.
Away with this thought that haunts me and I go to get Xavier: I can still give a little help .....
..... and I still remember: Mom put the date in stone land, near the grapefruit .... and the palm was born ..... we should not let it grow again, will bother to plants that are around, but I can not think to take it out ........
Perhaps it is not fair ...... I still walk around the garden and wherever I see something I talk about them and I also speak of my youth, and my children ... as they were happy when they could be in this garden .... and then I feel a sense of infinite sadness! often, in recent years, we have considered the possibility of selling this property ....... I know that it would suffer immensely, but it is also true that over time will make it increasingly difficult to maintain.
Away with this thought that haunts me and I go to get Xavier: I can still give a little help .....
0 comments:
Post a Comment